Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Summer Tomatoes Almost Over


I love fall. It is my favorite of seasons, and after this year's blistering summer it is even more welcome than usual, but there is a new love that is only found in summer that I'm going to miss...tomatoes.
Not just any tomatoes but fresh from the farm tomatoes. Never touched cold storage tomatoes; of whose flesh is as red as strawberries, just as juicy and almost as sweet.  I already shared my first meeting with such fruit, but now I'm using them in everything every chance I get. 
Tonight was no different. I lit the grill for some steaks and on top a simple bruschetta of tomatoes and feta.  So, good! I will miss you tomato but I will savor you.


1 comment:

  1. The topping for your steak looks amazing. I'll have to remember that next time we grill. Our tomato production is dwindling too. :)

    ReplyDelete