Saturday, September 1, 2012

Baby Jane is home

Jane at the Hospital.

So, crazy story.  I go into my 39 week check up and end up having a baby four hours later!  Fastest, scariest, Thursday of my life.

For the majority of my pregnancy Jane has had the heartbeat of a race horse.  Really strong and consistent, until last Thursday; suddenly it was "irregularly irregular" and it scared the crap out of my doctor, the nurses, and of course Steve and I (anything that scares your doctor, even if you don't know why it is terrible is terrible).

I was sent to labor and delivery to be induced at around 12pm ish.  At one point I was told to layover on my left side and then was given oxygen because Jane's irregular heartbeat had gotten worse.  Through tears and my oxygen mask, I asked Steve if he was scared; he said, "no.".  He lied but I needed it.

My doctor came in to inform me that I had to get an epidural. The reason? "just incase we have to do an emergency c-section."  OMG!

Luckily, Jane was wasting no time on labor. By 3:30pm I was pushing, and at 3:53pm baby Jane was born. She was born at 6lbs 14oz and was 18.5in.

Baby Jane is now, a picture of health.  The heart irregularlity was thought to have been caused by a pinch in her ambilical cord, and is no where to be found.  I am doing great and have been enjoying my new life with Jane.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for both of us! We love you!


Baby Jane at one week and 3 days old.  Look at the checks!

2 comments:

  1. So glad all is ok! Congrats on the new addition! ps. I was looking through an old photo album and saw pictures of us from the mardi gras night at camp! So funny :)

    ReplyDelete