Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Saturday's Race


The race on Saturday was the best therapy a thirty dollar entry fee could buy.  Though, I had to stop and walk in a few sections, I did finish in 29 minutes!  I still can't believe how different it feels to run after having a baby.  Not bad just different. 

Steve and Nolan were at the race cheering me on. 

One thing I would suggest, if you are looking to enter a race, make sure you get there 45 minutes to and hour before it starts.  Because the race was literally a little bit over a mile from my house I slept in a little and ended up getting there 15 minutes before start and then had problems getting my packet.  I have a feeling that my legs and even lungs would have felt tons better if I had gotten a warm up and stretch in. 

But like I said, it was such a blessing.  Just to know that you accomplished something like a race makes all the running and work ahead of time seem not only worth it but an honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment