Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bike routes

Bikes are so romantic.  Just the idea of not having to find a parking spot or feeling the air flow through your hair as you quietly go from library to grocery store intrigues me.  Prior to purchasing our Ford Escape I rode my bike to work every morning (5 hilly miles one way).  The only problem was that when I got to work, I was sweaty and definitely not something you would want to look at.   Which makes this blog all the more interesting.  It is called Cycle Chic, and on it you will find a number of stylish bike commuters.  Here are just a few of my favorites.




  
I'm interested in the kid's seat here.
Okay, so I see that is possible to commute via bike and still look great, but like any great commute you need a quick (not so hilly) safe route.  So, Google it!

GoogleMaps has a number of route planning options. ie walking, vehicle, bus, and now the have bike routes!!


Now, I just have to get the nerve to ride my bike in 15 degree weather...I'm still working on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment