Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Little Joys of Life

Design*Sponge
I was just standing by my sewing machine and thinking about how much I love building my pantry or sewing N's new soakers, and it wasn't long till I has a little list in my head of the little joys that I've come to look forward to.  So, as of March 10th these are my little joys...

Building my pantry:
Just now I really wanted chocolate chip ice cream but only had vanilla.  No worries I have a dark chocolate bar in the pantry; shaved some chocolate and mixed and voila! chocolate chip ice cream! 

This is just one example but lately this week I have have been cooking a lot and those little staples have come in handy over and over again.  My pantry is still not complete (still waiting for some shelving down in the basement for the complete pantry to reside), plus I have a learning curve (like preparing dried beans) but it has been so much fun and thrifty!
DigginFood

SPRING!: 
I love winter and have enjoyed our many snow falls and even our blizzard but it is time for a change.  I'm looking forward to riding around Raytown on my bike, planting another garden, and hanging clothes out to dry.  Today's weather was refreshing.  While N was sleeping I found myself shopping for seeds here, and then when he woke up we joined Steve, Jessy, and PJ at Loose Park for some good ol' romping in the grass and throwing of the ball.  Wonderful day! 


Babysitting:
I never thought that I would be the one refreshed by babysitting but it is true.  N and I get the pleasure of watching a good friends little boy for a few hours.  The boys get along like brothers; N being younger copies a good portion of whatever this little boy does, and both boys get big laughs from loud noises, throwing balls, forts, and Blues Clues.  I love watching their excitement over a simple fort made from chairs and a blanket.

Amazing Thrifty Cooking & Baking:
As of Monday of this week we ran out of bread and cereal thus depleting our options for breakfast and lunch in one fatal swoop.  But I was not undone; I was not going to go to the store, no I was going to make our staples and we would be better than if we did have bread and cereal! Here is a list of things I made:

  • Breakfast: 
    • Spicy Bacon & Egg Burritos (put together and then froze)
    • Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins (individually wrapped)
    • Whole Wheat Blue Berry Muffins (individually wrapped)
  • Lunch:
    • Pepper & Chicken Wraps (assembled and then froze)
    • Homemade whole wheat bread bread for sandwiches
 These are just some of the little joys that I have gotten to enjoy this week.  I hope you have a Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment