Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How Do You Deal

When I was young, and my dad was working late enough to miss dinner we would get excited.  Why? Because my mom would bake frozen pizza, one of our (my siblings & my) favorite meals. 

It was something to look forward to when you were faced with a lonely night time meal and it cheered all the kids up. 

Now, with my own family, we face the same lonely night time meal from time to time, and I haven't figured out a way of enduring it yet.  Frozen pizza has definately lost its childhood charm. And one can only watch so much of Thomas & Friends.

What do you do with your kids when dad has to work late?

1 comment:

  1. I have literally never thought about this......

    Shane does work late sometimes and he often has city meetings in the evenings but since Avery goes to bed so early at this age I've never really done anything special.

    I'm sure that as our children grow we'll figure out some way to make the blow lighter, but until then it's just off to bed. hehe

    I hope you find something great for you and Nolan to enjoy together without daddy!

    ReplyDelete