Thursday, May 19, 2011

Missing a Good Friend



It's been over six months since my childhood friend Sarah Hodges left for Kenya.  Even when she told me that she was going to be moving to Kenya for a year I wasn't sure how I was going to live without her.  We had been joined at the hip for so long, since I was three or four I think, that not being able to call her when Steve is working late or just for a coffee break has been hard. 

We still talk (we have a scheduled call each week), but it wasn't until I saw the books that she got Nolan that I really really missed her. 

I think it's funny her selection of books really portray the person she is: The Giving Tree (her husband and her are working with an orphanage and school in Kenya), and Oh, the Places You'll Go (she is in Kenya).  So, Sarah if you are reading this...I miss ya girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment