Monday, April 5, 2010

Busy Busy With Not A Moment to Spare

Wow! It has been an eventful week! Just now sitting down seems odd and out of pace from the previous seven days but at the same time a welcome retreat.  Easter was amazing! I'll go into the prep, menu, and follow through a little later.  Steve and I started getting pots and the raised vegetable bed ready to plant in, also something to be discussed later on.  I finally have a pizza recipie that Steve likes (I've flunked this area of baking/cooking for awhile now), and to finish off the excitement we have had some of the most intense storms.

Looking back I wish I had the peace of mind to grab the camera and show you what the storm last Friday looked like.  But to tell you the truth is was soo intense that I thought it was a tornado, and so did my dogs who were running around the house frantically trying to find additional shelter.  The storm knocked out our power for around eight hours, which meant no blogging (or coffee for that matter) at home.  In fact, our block was not the only ones without power for an extended amount of time.  A whole shopping block was closed down because of the black out!  For those of you that saw the clouds on your way into work and then the fallen limbs on your way home, you missed out on an amazing show of nature.  The best I can do to describe it is tell you that I couldn't see my fence in my back yard due to the heavy SIDEWAYS rainfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment