Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Doggy Treats


I have two dogs.  They are brothers and mutts, and until Nolan was born they were Steve's and my babies. When I worked at a law firm, and money was just flowing in we would lavish our pups, but when I left the firm things got a little tighter.  So, in an effort to save money I came across the cook book "Three Dog Bakery Cookbook".  Which taught me how to make my own dog treats at a fraction of the cost of buying even the cheap treats.  Our pups love them and prefer them over the store bought treats.

I don't own the Three Dog Bakery Cookbook, but totally recommend it.  The cookbook that I do use is called "Throw Me A Bone" pictured here.

I love everything about this cookbook.  Not only does it have great recipes it also has fun stories about the recipes and the photography is amazing!  There is also a section in the back that lists the Author Dog's favorite movies, books, a websites (How Cute Is That?!).  PJ's and Lucky's favorite treat is the Peanut Butter Cookies.

Normally, I roll them out and use cookie cutters to make fun shapes and then bake them, but yesterday I was really trying to make/ bake them before Nolan needed to go to bed. Luckily, my pups really don't care how they look, they just want to eat them.  It was soo fun to see their little sniffers come into the kitchen.  They love treat day, because they get treats for testing.  So, once the smell of the treats filled the kitchen they were in the kitchen waiting patiently.  These treats keep well in a zip lock bag in a cookie jar.      

No comments:

Post a Comment