Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Four more days to go


This period of fasting has not only been hard but eye opening.  I realized how much of a crutch my blog and magazine reading was.  If I was having a bad day or even just a bad moment I would sit down to read blogs.  Any excuse and I was clicking the "next" button on one blog or another.  Magazines have also been hard to resist.

I was in line at the grocery store and just out of habit was reading the headlines on the magazines.  One of my favorite magazines had a number head lines that I wanted to read up on, so I just bought it.  It wasn't until I got home that I realized what I had done.  So, right now I have a brand new (unread) magazine!

Four more days left for the fast which is both a relief and saddening.  I think I might try to limit my time that I spend reading blogs just so I don't get caught up in it again.  Just don't want to "escape" my life anymore.  My life is messy, not super easy, wonderful and I don't want to miss it anymore.

Just look at my little guy doing the dishes!



No comments:

Post a Comment