Saturday, November 26, 2011

Coming Out of The Closet



Finally I can be one of those crazy Christmas loving freaks and not be ashamed about it.  It is true that I start listening to Christmas music by the end of October (when I'm alone...of course...), and I put up my Christmas tree the day after my son's birthday party, which is a good week before Thanksgiving.  But all that doesn't matter now, now I am free to be crazy and even share the crazy with you! 

One of my all time favorite things about Christmas is the gifts...wrapping the gifts.  I've already used the word, "crazy" a few times, lets just say I'm passionate about wrapping gifts.  Growing up my mom would take simple wrapping paper and cover a normal box and then decorate it with old Christmas cards (saved over the years.  Some still had the glue from previous years on them.), ribbons, and whatever she could get her hands on while spending little or no money.  I loved watching her and soon became her assistant during the busy holiday season.  Jessy too started the tradition of wrapping but is not as...passionate about it as my mother and I. 

Every Christmas we whoo and aaww our beautifully wrapped gifts.  We'll ask about techniques and give each other ideas for the next Christmas.  Even my sister in law is starting to catch on to the...passion, which makes wrapping all the more fun.

So, without further adieu here is how to wrap a box/ present, and some sites where you can down load some super cute gift tags for FREE!

Here are you supplies for wrapping: gift, box, wrapping paper, tape, scissors, and then ribbon or string and a tag (not shown)
 
Make sure that your gift fits snuggly in your box, and your box doesn't have any banged up edges. Fun note: add a marble or something that will rattle to throw them off the trail. :)

When measuring out your paper you need to determine which side are your ends and on those sides the paper needs to only reach half-way up the side for easy folding.

Measure out how much paper you'll need to cover the rest of the box and then trim off the extra.

All edges need to be either pinched or folded over for a better finished and fit look.

Tape the folded edge down.

Start on one end and pinch the top portion of the circle down.  If you can tape it down too all the better. 

fold one side out and then down in front of the box.
Smooth out the fold and the bottom of the fold.

repeat on the other side.
Fold over the edge, and then start on the other side.  Don't put up the finishing edge until the other side is done.

Once both sides are folded then tape up the last flap on both side.  This allows you to make a tighter fold.

Voila! Your ready for decorating!


BTW did you notice the hot nails? Steve came home Tuesday night with an unexpected gift for me. A gift certificate to get my nails done!!! I was talking about it for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment