Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu

via

So, everyone in the family has a job to do. My older brother carries the heavy things, my younger brother helps with art and building things around the house, Jessy entertains with stories, and I organize.  Yep, my job as eldest daughter is simple: make getting together cost effective and fun. 

The "cost effective" ness comes mostly during the holidays or other large get-togethers that require a lot of food.  None of us are rolling in money so it is easier on everyone's budget to make a menu and divi it out to all the families.  Plus, I love food which makes making menu's fun and exciting. 

This year I read a lot of blogs and got kinda excited...which meant that all the weird sounding food was given to me to make. 

I'll be making:

Pumpkin & Bacon Soup


Stuffed Red Onions


&

Hazelnut Crusted Dark Chocolate Tart w/ Fresh Whip Cream

Doesn't each of those just make you want to drool?  I'll be making the tart today and the onions and soup tomorrow and with a little luck be documenting there amazing creations.  I'm sooo excited!!!!

What are you making for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. All your items sound amazing! I look forward to reading about them.
    We're keeping it simple: smoked turkey legs, green beans with bacon, baked sweet potato wedges, fresh bread and cream cheese pumpkin cupcakes. Yum. :)

    ReplyDelete