Sunday, November 13, 2011

Okay it's time

Pic from The Kitchn
So, lately every time that I've had coffee my stomach gets upset and a few other issues that I don't feel comfortable about mentioning happen too.  Needless to say, I need to get off of it and see if my systoms are really owed to my morning/ afternoon cup of joe.  It may also be a milk issue since it runs in my family.  But first things first, it's easier to cut out one or two cups of coffee a day then say milk products entirely.

I don't know about you but I am so much of a habitual morning person.  I'm not grouchy or mean but I am a little foggy in the morning and my morning ritual is how I navigate without forgetting something.  It goes something like this:
  • I go straight to the kitchen, lately with Nolan holding my hand (kind like a guide for the blind), turn on the espresso machine, and grind my coffee.
  • I then start on Nolan's Breakfast of which he is very opinionated about.  The conversation goes like this: "Toast?"
    "No no."
    "Cereal?"
    "No no. Chips?"
    "No, no. Granola bar?"
    "Anla bar!" Followed by a small dance.
  • Once he is situated, I start on my toast and latte.  Two pieces of bread with real butter, and depending on how I feel that day, with or without honey and cinnamon sugar. 
  • My latte has one tea spoon of sugar in it, steamed milk, and of course espresso.
  • I grab my plate and latte and join Nolan at the table.  
After all that I finally start to wake up to the warmth of my latte and toast (I'm a sucker for a warm breakfast).

To make sure that I continue on this fast I need to find a replacement for my warm Joe, and I think I have but I'll let you know if it works before I give the inside scoop.  Let's just say that it rhymes with Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment