Friday, November 18, 2011

From My Own Mouth

I hate it when all I want to do is pout and complain to God about how he is being so unfair about not giving me what I want.  Like any childish person I want to get my way NOW, but like any father/ mother God knows better.

I think I mentioned that Steve and I are "trying" for another baby and success...well for me it has been discouraging.  Today, I was the most hopeful than I've ever been and once again I was disappointed.  I was pouting for sure.

Also today Nolan has discovered that he can add to his balloon collection by having me blow them up.  He was very persistant about asking for another balloon and had a number of hissy fits because I wouldn't give him another one. "You need to enjoy the ones that you have and stop trying to get another one."

After the words left my mouth I could feel God saying, "Exactly!" 

It was not what I wanted to hear but in a way it cooled my pouting down and almost made me smile. "Okay, God.  You got me."

1 comment:

  1. Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

    I've been comforted by this verse during the many times of waiting in my life - God waits too, to be gracious to me. The entire chapter 30 of Isaiah is a good read, too.

    ReplyDelete